Monday, May 14, 2012

Trying to pull myself up...

I am trying to figure out how I can go back to thinking of things through the lens of aspergers alone instead of adding on this new unknown. I fear that I am getting so fixated on figuring out this other side that I am not only forgetting that Calvary has Asperger's but that he is not defined by either. And then I worry that if I am having this difficult of a time separating him from his diagnosis how much more difficult will it be for others.
He is first and foremost a child of God. Secondly, he is my son.
All children channel the stress of their parents and although Calvary is not an empathetic child I know that he feels my burden.
I don't want him to feel that weight. I don't want him to misinterpret that weight for him. He is not the burden. These issues are not the burden; the burden is the stress of making the right choices when the future is unknown.
I am trying to pull myself up and I am praying for a renewed perspective. I know that I need to shift my focus not only off of the unknown but onto God as the author of all time.
I am trying. I really am. But this is proving to be one of the most difficult things I have ever done.

No comments: