Friday, January 18, 2013

friday's musings...

things i am loving about this week:

  1. change.  the possibility of change.  the expectation of change.  i am just going to embrace the change that comes with this year.  this is the sermon that was taught to us the very first week of church and i have just really decided that, though i have no idea what this year may bring, i am going to live in the change and expect that where i am will be used to advance His kingdom...
  2. harper and calvary cleaning their rooms after bedtime because they knew how upset i was at just how messy it was.  i knew what they were doing as i heard them shuffle around and open doors, but i loved that their heart was to please me. 
  3. calvary threw a pillow yesterday in the living room and it hit a lamp.  immediately harper yelled, "JACK!" (it is to be expected from him) but calvary said with quickly and with remorse, "it was all my fault! i threw a pillow!"  my heart burst with love for him because we have been trying to teach our children their whole lives that it is more important to take responsibility for our actions then to try to appear perfect. 
  4. how finley just melts into my lap or arms or wherever she is when i hold her.  no part of her fights being cuddled and loved. 
  5. trying to use technology to communicate with friends.
  6. having time to read.
  7. using that time to read "families where grace is in place."
  8. harper, calvary, and oliver jack playing monopoly together.  harper is quite the landlord. 
  9. my mom and dad and sister taking the kids to go and see a movie.  so nice for them to have that time with each other.
  10. kyle's dad riding with me to raliegh to get my marriage certificate.  i was planning on managing on my own and i am used to maneuvering with all 4 kids by myself but he offered and it was so nice to have an extra set of hands.  especially when we realized just how small the office of vital records actually is.
  11. how great my kids did during those two days of errands and sitting. 
  12. having coffee with lori.  i am just so grateful for how our friendship has grown over the years.  we started out as just being in the same couples sunday school class before they were even married....now we have 6 kids between the 4 of us and faced so many similar challenges with our two Aspie boys.
  13. how much oliver jack loves to do crafts with me.
  14. harper making presents for her friends.  she just has such heart to give.  her generosity and creativity are two of my most favorite qualities.
  15. christy surprising me with a coke and boberry biscuits...
  16. my little brother calling just to check on me.  he's such a grown up now.  granted he will be 30 in july, he still seems like my baby brother to me. 
  17. oliver jack's love of babies.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so grateful for you my friend, on so many levels! I love our parallel lives.

Traci said...

I particularly love number 1