Friday, January 11, 2013

friday's musings...

things i am loving about this week:
  1. weekly bible study with women from my church.  it has been great to hang out, laugh, sometimes cry and through it all learn more about what it means to love God with such a diverse collection of women. 
  2. finley slept in her own bed last night for the first time!  she used to sleep in her crib just fine, but we had not had a finley free evening since we transitioned her to a big bed. 
  3. she came to my bed this morning at 5 am saying "we're going to have a party with dancing and ice cream?!"...i told her that if she ever slept in her own bed we would have a huge party...i guess i know what we are doing tonight :)
  4. i was having a discussion with harper one morning about how she sometimes struggles with admitting that she's wrong and she tries to blame other people in a way to make an excuse for her wrong doing.  i was trying not to be too condemning so i was assuring her that i have struggled with this and so has so many other people but my hope for her is that she will learn the lessons i have learned earlier and with less hardships...to which she responded, "too bad...i want to be just like you."  (i want so much more for her than to be like me but it brings my heart joy to know that she loves me and admires me in spite of all of my shortcomings)
  5. finley told me to turn my head over because she "can't see my ol' big eyes".
  6. oliver jack telling me multiple times throughout the day that he loves me.
  7. oliver jack's complete refusal to wear underwear.  i can't help it...it makes me laugh.
  8. kyle laughing so hard that he cried when oliver jack got up from the dinner table and started dancing...kyle firmly told him it was not time to dance it was time to sit down and eat...which is when oliver jack decided to drop his pants and say, "feast your eyes!" (thanks brave)...kyle tried to keep a straight face but he couldn't...  he just looked at me and asked, "why does  it always go there with him?!"
  9. calvary waking me up every morning at promptly 7:30.  he whispers, "it's 7:30."  sometimes it is nice having someone in the house with a rigid understanding of rules...other times, not so much. 
  10. calvary's new therapist.  they seem to be getting along great and the doctor has been so encouraging to me.  i couldn't ask for more.
  11. harper working so hard at her school work.  she gets aggravated sometimes and i have to help get her back to a place with a good attitude, but for the most part this girl can work!  we go through her lessons for the day, i teach her what needs to be taught, and then she takes her list of work and just does it. 
  12. homeschooling.  i love that we have the freedom to start when we want to start and that the kids have the freedom to choose which subjects they want to start with and where they want to learn.  it truly is such an empowering way to learn.  at this point, i hope that my kids always want to homeschool...
  13. hearing finley say, "is this gluten free?'
  14. the warmer weather which has allowed us to be outside playing football, soccer, and riding bikes.
  15. anticipating planting my garden in the spring and possibly adding some chickens...yes, chickens...i think it will be fun...no matter what mr. levi says or kyle. 

No comments: