Sunday, December 11, 2011

friday's musings (a few days late)...

things i am loving about this week:
  1. finley's new "sad baby" face
  2. people asking me if i have lost weight
  3. truth in the tinsel
  4. our elf on the shelf
  5. harper naming our elf "holly holiday"
  6. calvary praying that the elf does not come into his room again while he sleeps
  7. having enough to be able to share with those less fortunate
  8. having little enough to know what it is like to need
  9. visitors
  10. watching my kids play with their cousins
  11. calvary writing apology letters
  12. finley snuggling before bed
  13. oliver jack still being 2
  14. hearing oliver jack asking finley to "come over here and give me a hug" because she "looks so cute"
  15. oliver jack sleeping with a stick off of a toy because it is his "best fighting stick".
  16. the christmas ornaments that remind me of granny (which is most of them)
  17. the christmas ornaments that remind my kids of granny and hearing them talk about her and what the remember about her and what they miss about her
  18. brown paper packages arriving in the mail
  19. making harper new dresses
  20. harper loving them
  21. calvary buying lunch in the school cafeteria
  22. harper memorizing scripture just so she can get a prize out of the prize box at church
  23. eating pizza three nights in a row because we are hanging out with friends and family
  24. harper and calvary snuggling on the couch because they are "best friends"
  25. kyle moving the elf at night because i am too sleepy to remember
  26. kyle laughing at me when i say, "a billion times 1 still equals a billion" in my sleep

4 comments:

alli said...

calvary bought lunch at school??? WOW. THAT is a miracle...and a bigger step than his Daddy every took. hahaha!

alli said...

oh, and as for the elf on the shelf...we have one too now! and i have an alarm set on my phone to remind me each night - no way i would remember without it.

Traci said...

Calvary's prayer that the elf doesn't come in his room is exactly why we don't have and elf. :)

Courtney said...

Calvary's prayer made me LOL, literally!!!! I can just hear him now....Miss and love you all!