Tuesday, June 28, 2011

my prayer tonight...





psalm 127:3 "children are a gift from God; they are a reward from Him"


Lord, i am humbled by your grace. i am humbled by the ways you have provided for our family. i feel ashamed of the ways that i have grieved you. i acknowledge how i deserve nothing that i have and honestly sometimes i fear that which i deserve. what a huge responsibility it is to be a parent. i feel inadequate but i know that your hand is on them. i know this because i have asked you to cover them and now i am asking it again. Lord, i give my children to you. i ask that you protect them in all the ways that i cannot. i pray that their hearts will be sealed and consecrated to you. i pray that they find freedom and joy in serving you. i ask that my heart will be evident to them. i pray that i can teach them to be responsible. i pray that i can show them how to love. i pray that i am the mother that you have called me to be.


tonight i am thankful for kyle, harper, calvary, oliver jack, and finley. i am thankful for family and good friends. i am thankful for kyle's job and how dedicated he is to being a provider for our family. i am thankful for our home and community. i am thankful to be part of a precious church family that inspires me. i am thankful for the joy that comes through the acceptance of God's forgiveness. i am thankful for summer storms. i am thankful for life.


my heart is so full of gratitude for the blessings in my life. i know that i have done nothing to deserve the joy in my life and that makes me even more in awe of your love. only you. thank you for each day. i pray that i make each one full.

No comments: