Monday, June 27, 2011

the babiest baby is 1!!!




it was bound to happen someday and that day has finally arrived. the day that i no longer have an infant has come and gone. and even though the newest toddler in our home is far from actually toddling the truth is that we do indeed have a toddler on our hands. finley rose is now one.




we celebrated her birthday at the beach and to be honest i was a bit sad that i could not share this day with my family as i have shared it with my family with all of my other children. my in laws reserved the dates without realizing that the week they had chosen encompassed her birthday. i was still a little sad that my parents were not able to be there with us and i know that they were disappointed as well but really my sadness has more to do with the fact that my babies are growing up.




and although so many like to contest it, finley is the final chapter on my baby raising days. at least as far as we have planned. i put that little disclaimer in so in case something unexpected happens one day. :) i have mixed feelings about the finality of it all. part of me is excited to move forward; i am tired of waiting for naps and changing diapers. the other part of me longs to feel their weight in my arms forever. but regardless of how i feel about it i have to face the truth that infancy is over.




i feel like we celebrated the end with a great baby. she has been my most content child and i will forever be grateful to God that He has heard my prayers and given me a child with a gentle spirit. she is wonderful.




even though she doesn't walk.




or talk.




even though she has crazy hair.




and even crazier teeth.




even though she is absolutely rotten.




she is precious.




i am thankful that she is my fourth because if she was my first i would have been worried. i would have worried that she wasn't growing. i would have worried that she wasn't walking or talking. i would have been watching for every milestone. i would have been waiting for every phase to end. but i have just watched her. i have relished all the snuggles. i have delighted in her. even today as the doctor examined her and gave me some advice on how to encourage her to get moving i simply smiled and said "okay" knowing that just as finley is content with just being i am content with her.




she is changing more everyday and i know that the days of her not walking are coming quickly to an end. i choose to embrace these moments.



harper at 1

28 1/4 inches

19lbs 7 0z



calvary at 1

29 1/2 inches

20lbs 6.5 oz



oliver jack at 1

29 1/2 inches

23 lbs



finley at 1

27 inches
17 lbs








1 comment:

Traci said...

oh my gosh! i love that picture!!! Happy Birthday Finley!