Wednesday, October 21, 2009

weird things i have done (or do) while my kids nap...

i have a one and a half hour block in the afternoon after lunch and before i have to leave to pick harper up from school...somedays calvary and oliver jack nap the entire time and other times my break is cut short, but regardless...that time is precious. as i sat in my car today eating an apple, i wondered how many odd things i have done while my children have slept. the list below is undoubtably short--

1. take showers with every electronic noise making machine within arms reach.

2. attack all fed-ex, ups, us postal service, and sales people before they dare ring that doorbell.

3. clean. just joking. i don't do that. which is probably weird since it is really the only time i have to fully commit to cleaning.

4. do silent yoga. between knees cracking and my less than limber body being comprised into expletive inducing positions, this is actually harder than one might think.

5. blog about weird things i do while my kids sleep.

6. sit. without moving. without thinking. without doing...anything.

7. jump on the trampoline. it is fun and it is good exercise.

8. talk on the phone in my car. quiet AND warm.

9. fill up multiple shopping carts online which i never intend to purchase.

10. eat junk food. no better time really. there is no need to share and i can feign healthy choices for my kids later...win win.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will not approve on it. I regard as nice post. Particularly the appellation attracted me to be familiar with the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.