Thursday, October 1, 2009

progress...

yesterday i squeezed myself into my size 6 jeans. squeezed is the word of truth but also a word to which i will pay little attention. sure, i could barely move. sure, the flesh of my belly looked like a tucked in shirt slightly fluffed out. but these jeans now represent hope to me. hope that bodies, while they may not be taught or bikini ready, can return to some state of normalcy. in the meanwhile, i am taking on the french mindset that mireille guiliano discusses in her book. i've got beautiful babies and i rarely notice the weight of other people, yet somehow i maintain a fixation on my own. it's time to free myself from the expectation...i mean i can "wear" a size 6 now :)

1 comment:

MaricrisG said...

This is one of my frustrations that I decided to throw out the window! I know that once you get pregnant, your body changes for good. Sad but I still wish for the little sizes gone :) - Hi from another blogger from Charlotte!