Thursday, May 23, 2013

The next step...

Sooooo things are getting real now. I referenced in my last post that the conference I had attended the week before helped to prepare my heart for what was about to happen next...and that "next" thing is the selling of just about all of our earthly possessions in an attempt to ready ourselves for the call to serve in Costa Rica.
After hugging my husband and children and soaking in all the sweetness that comes with being missed, I looked around to see that my husband had been quite busy while I was away!
Our living room was noticeably bare...
The school room had no furniture...
The garage was starting to fill with boxes and furniture...
And it hit me.
Of course I knew that this was part of the process; of course I had already planned what was going to sell and what we would store....but knowing only takes my heart part of the way to the destination...
So this week while Kyle has been away I have been sorting and gathering and preparing. I am not going to lie and say that it has not been tough. But I will say that it has been more like a labor pain...labor is NOT fun...but it is worth it.
I have not questioned what we are doing. That assurance can only come from The Lord. It also gives me great assurance that God is ready to see the fruit of labor in Costa Rica! Oh, the plans He must have for that country!!!
I have loved reading and hearing about the flood of beautiful things happening in Honduras and my heart is so encouraged and excited!
I know in my heart and spirit that all that we have here on earth is temporal, but practicing that knowledge is not always as easy...but the testimony of the great work being done there has encouraged me in ways unimaginable.
That being said, I hope that if anyone local would want to come out and support us we would be so grateful and so excited to see your faces!
The kids are going to have a lemonade stand and a bake sale...they have so generously gone through their own toys and decided what they will give up...my dad is going to be grilling hot dogs....my mom is selling Tupperware and 31 as a fundraiser....Marsha Chester has offered to sell Celebrating Home as a fundraiser for ROOM...many of our sweet friends donated generously of their stuff for us to sell...it is going to be a good day.
We are celebrating the work that is being done, we are celebrating the part we are so blessed to play, and we are celebrating what is yet to come!
If you cannot attend, but would like to donate please follow the website makeroomforthemurrays.com and it will link you to the Razoo site where you can securely make a donation.
Please check out Tara Garcia's Facebook page to get a look into the things happening in Honduras. Or check out her blog, taramakeroom.blogspot.com.


1 comment:

Robin said...

Cassie,
My heart breaks while reading this. Not just because we are going to miss ALL of you more than words can express, but for the purity that comes from your hearts! The willingness to give up everything and follow Jesus, it is breath taking. We are so proud of you and Kyle and the Godly example you are and have been to our grandchildren. What ever you give up here and now will be well worth the sacrifice, and I am sure without doubt will be replaced over and beyond! We love yal so much and will support you the whole way!
I Love You,
Mom