Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday's musings...

Things I am loving about this week:

1. The website that Jessica made for our family.
2. Consignment sales and finding cool things like loads of books for Harper for .50 cents a piece!
3. Writing emails in Spanish. Realizing that I can get the general idea of most written Spanish...spoken...well, I am going to work on that one a whole whole whole lot.
4. Watching cartoons in Spanish with the kids...they are gaining some vocabulary and it is really sweet to watch them try.
5. Calvary trying to think of the perfect present for his friend Adam. He has come such a long way from just year ago and moments of thoughtfulness like this are the evidence that we are moving in the right direction.
6. A sweet friend offering her early bird tickets on FB and me being able to have them...I think that these moments of sweet exchange are evidence that there are SO many beautiful souls in the world.
7. The amount of interest and support we have had as we announced our transition into ministry. I am sure that we will have many, many bumpy roads ahead but it is such an awesome blessing to feel the love. :)
8. The friends I have made over the past couple of months. I am inspired by Tara's passion, Traci's sincerity, and Meredith's diligence.
9. Watching how Kyle is totally comfortable outside his "comfort zone" when he is living inside God's calling...
10. Bluebirds nesting in the bird houses in our backyard.
11. Signs of spring...
12. My kids playing outside together.
13. My new bedtime...yes, I gave myself a bedtime so that I would stop staying up so late! I was finding it more and more difficult to get up and be cheery before coffee.
14. Oliver Jack taking care of Finley. He is so sweet to her that it makes my heart just sing.
15. Calvary laughing at my jokes. He laughs like I am the funniest person in the world...and I am not...but he makes me feel like I am.
16. Harper taking her writing test for end of grade testing...and being so "glad we don't do that everyday" and by "that" she means get up early, get dressed, grab breakfast, and go to school...I love realizing that they love it as much as we do.
17. Seeing Susan and Hunter every other Tuesday when we leave Calvary's appointment...it is always nice to see the two of them.
18. Taco soup. It is yummy. Julie made it for us on Sunday afternoon and it was so yummy! Kyle even liked it...his only request is that we stop calling it taco soup and call it "chili" instead.
19. Calvary keeping track of what activities we do on certain days...I sometimes wonder what all is going on in that little head of his...
20. Finley's empathy...she hates for us to be sad or upset...so if we even pretend to be sad or upset it bothers her...she has such a sweet heart...

No comments: