Wednesday, June 13, 2012

a story about love...

8 years ago i married the man of my dreams...

and the beauty of that is the fact that usually dreams are only "wishes your heart makes" and not reality. 

but it is only with each passing year that i become more and more aware of  what a gift my husband is. 

he loved me when i was breaking his heart.  he loved me when i ran away from him.  he loved me in spite of my inability to accept his love. 
but that was just the very dramatic beginning of our story.
if our story ended there he would be the hero.  my prince on a white horse.  but it would make for a very, very long "ever after".
kyle's beauty doesn't stop in those earlier grand gestures of heroism; what makes kyle that much more beautiful is how steadfast he is.
and my love for him only grows and deepens because he is so much more of a dynamic character in our love story than the prince on a white horse. 
he loves me every day.
he is the best father to our children.
he is home and present with us whenever he is not working.
he works hard to provide for our family.
he makes me laugh.
he has a super cute smile. 

every year he proves himself over and over again when in reality he never had to in the first place.  i keep trying to figure out what i bring to this relationship and i constantly come short.  but, keeping true to form, he behaves as if he is the lucky one. 

i am just so grateful.
i am grateful that my girls get to watch how they should be loved.
i am grateful that my boys get to watch how to be a man.
i am grateful that my children get to call him "daddy".
and i am grateful that i get to call him "my husband".

i love him so.                                         

No comments: