Tuesday, March 6, 2012

just a few ideas for my husband...

so, my birthday is coming up.  it really isn't a big deal except for the fact that i turn THIRTY this year... it isn't really bothering me as much as it seems like a big deal.  kind of like turning 16 is a big deal or 21.  i can say that i am stuck between feeling relieved that i am going to be 30 and a little disappointed.  i am relieved on the front that i will finally feel like a bonafied adult.  it is the same reason that i am disappointed.  maybe now people will be less likely to correlate irresponsibility into the equation of my age and the enormous amount of children that i have.  maybe i won't hear, "and you are how old?" anymore. 
but i also feel like i have to be much more sophisticated and responsible.  will kyle suddenly expect me to not only make sure all of the doors to our house are shut (i came back from dropping harper & calvary off at school only to find the door to our house wide open...oops) but also locked? will he expect me to know where my keys are at all times?  will he expect me to mail those bills off on time?  turning 30 is so much pressure. 
i also feel like the rest of the world is going to have unfair expectations for me as well.  i feel like i can no longer claim childish innocence to the insurance company when i call to question the denial of certain claims.  i also feel like i am expected to know what it means when i say "the denial of certain claims".  i feel like people will feel less guilty for taking advantage of my lack of worldly knowledge because they will say, "she's thirty! she should definitely know better."
but alas, i suppose the truth is that regardless of my feelings towards this birthday it is coming.  in a matter of months i will be closing the chapter on my 20's and entering a new realm.  and while i am usually hesitant to say that i would like any thing in particular for any given holiday i have decided that material things will truly bring me the most comfort in this complicated emotional time in my life. 
the list i have been putting together is unfiltered of my usual financial reserve.  i just figured that i need to help kyle make this birthday as happy as it can be :).
so, kyle, if you are able to buy any of these gifts for me on this monumental occasion it would be much appreciated.  of course i do not expect all (all would be nice); i will settle for 1. 

my top ten gift ideas for my 30th birthday for kyle
  1. michael kors jet set sport crystal chronography watch
  2. dslr purse camera bag and purse
  3. blog to book for me...i already have it formatted...just need to print one out for me
  4. whorled trapunto rug from anthropologie
  5. accent chairs for the living room 
  6. these blue sandals
  7. some new sunglasses that are also do something awesome for someone else: win win!
  8. a new pearl necklace since mine was lost in the move
  9. of course there is always this or this
  10. or mostly, i just want you...this stuff doesn't really matter :)

the funny thing about making this list is that all of these things are completely fun...nothing i need...i already have all of that i need.

but i am turning 30.

2 comments:

Traci said...

30????!!!! you are SOOO old! ;) Like I have room to talk.

PS the sunglasses the rug and the chairs are SO you!

random side note... are you going to a Home School conference? I may want to tag along?

Unknown said...

I love your list! I was feeling a bit down this morning, so thanks for making me smile. :) By the way, 30 doesn't feel any different than 29, nor does 31... ho hummm... ;)