Friday, March 9, 2012

friday's musings...

the things i am loving about this week:

  1. finley shaking her little bottom...i've never had a baby this small figure out how to shake their bottom without just simply shaking their entire body.
  2. calvary playing with a random kid at the park.
  3. harper being my rock..."please watch finley for a second while i help oliver jack get his handcuffs out of his pants." "could you buckle oliver jack for the millionth time?" "mommy, i'll trade my spoon with her since this is the one she wants." "look mommy, i found her paci right here!" "harper can i borrow your shoe to get calvary's plane out of the tree?"...the list could go on and on...and this is just from yesterday.
  4. finley playing the ipod.
  5. oliver jack's use of my mixing spoon as a weapon just in case we see a bad guy while we are at the store.
  6. my little brother's new job.
  7. calvary coming down and getting in the bed with me two mornings this week (i can, in the entire almost 6 years of his life, count how many times he has come down and got in the bed with us. i can't seem to keep the other ones out...)
  8. oliver jack crying when i am not home.  it may sound cruel but he pretends to be so indifferent to me.  he doesn't cry when i leave; instead, he cries when he misses me while i am gone.  awww.
  9. banana ice cream.
  10. getting coffee with lori.  we have been doing this more regularly and it has been so nice to have time out of the house, even if it is only a couple of hours at night every couple of weeks.
  11. reorganizing the play room.  i won't mention the fact that it causes me great aggravation to admit that it is quickly losing organization...oops...i guess i mentioned it.
  12. calvary has moved past wearing the same size pants as harper to now wearing bigger pants than her.  we just bought him 7 slims to fit those long legs and harper still comfortably wears her size 6s.  this would not be on her list of things she loves about this week.
  13. harper using a fork and knife at dinner.  who cares if she mostly reminded me of ariel in the little mermaid...baby steps.
  14. cooking. i like finding ways to be creative in the kitchen. my goal next week is to really work on diversifying the foods that my children enjoy.
  15. learning what a split infinitive is and realizing that i just used one in the previous listing...
  16. and not correcting it.
  17. harper and finley's new sandals.
  18. finley letting me still hold her like a baby.
  19. someone telling me the other day that she looks too small to be walking...and me responding that she is almost 2.
  20. kyle renting footloose for me and watching it with me on tuesday night.

1 comment:

Traci said...

Love that you use your children's shoes to get things out of the trees too! The problem arises when the shoe gets stuck too! lol