Friday, October 21, 2011

fridays musings...

things i am loving about life this week:
  1. finley's little laugh...she is thinking more and more things are laugh out loud funny and it is becoming more and more exciting to figure out what sets her off.
  2. calvary's beautiful little mind and figuring out how it works.
  3. watching harper and calvary walk out to the car with harper's arms wrapped lovingly and protectively around his shoulders.  i just thought i loved watching them hold hands; but this i might love even more.
  4. kyle's excitment about doing something about which he is passionate.
  5. snuggling with oliver jack and finley in the mornings after we drop harper and calvary off at school.  this has become my new motivation for getting all the beds made before drop off instead of after. 
  6. learning how to be more responsible...i.e: behaving like a grown up.
  7. sewing projects.
  8. sewing projects that lead to more creative projects.
  9. friends that join in the fun of sewing projects that lead to more creative projects.
  10. praying about big life decisions and receiving the peace that i needed to be excited about the future!
  11. finley in a vintage baby dress reading a book in my adored yellow chair.
  12. oliver jack looking over at finley in the car and saying, "mommy, finley is beautiful.  she's a princess.".
  13. oliver jack asking me for a "beautiful push" on his bike.
  14. teachers that are patient enough to learn the special needs of children. 
  15. reading through the stack of harper's writing samples at school that have all been about how much she loves her family...sometimes she puts up such a front at home that it is nice to have these moments when i realize that she really does love me :)
  16. harper and calvary begging to have a sleepover.
  17. oliver jack wanting me to kiss his hands before bed so that he can keep those kisses "just in case he needs them".
  18. friends that just get me.

2 comments:

Traci said...

I totally love reading these. I should be more "responsible" and keep record of things I love too.
Your house keeping tips have helped me too! I try not to let dishes stay in the sink at night and I have been making the beds! Thanks!!! :)
PS I totally get you!

amber said...

love your "friday musings"!