Friday, October 14, 2011

friday musings...

things i am loving about life this week:
  1. how the kids call a group cuddle time a "snuggle pot". ("come get in the snuggle pot daddy!")
  2. watching finley do her version of a run to greet kyle when he gets home.  her joy is precious and makes me fall even more in love with kyle.
  3. after i squished calvary into several uncomfortable positions all the while asking him, "would you let me sleep in here like this?" he finally told me, "i would sleep any way you wanted as long as you were in here..." (melt this momma's heart)
  4. finley's love for bare bellies...especially mine and jack's...i think she has a thing for squishy.
  5. harper's laugh...basically the sound of true joy...i think heaven will ring with the sounds of that laugh.
  6. kyle sending me sweet texts during the day.
  7. oliver jack's recent transition from always wanting to be the bad guy (yikes!) to suddenly wanting to be a musketeer so that finley can be the princess that needs to be saved.
  8. calvary finding words that he knows everywhere and in every thing...it is as if he is looking at a magic picture and the image is suddenly jumping out from behind all of the squiggly lines and fuzzy colors.  he sees words within words, words made out of tree limbs, words made out of noodles, words on signs, and wherever he can imagine they are.
  9. my new haircut...well it is three weeks old...but i am finally getting used to it and figuring out how to style it myself.  it is funny how a haircut can make me feel totally different yet totally like myself at the same time. 
  10. coffee.  enough said.
  11. clean windows. 
  12. curtain tie back hooks installed in my bedroom so i can pull the curtains back and see the woods (thanks kyle :) ).
  13. calvary riding his big wheel full speed down the hill of our driveway and then power sliding around in the grass.
  14. kyle working on the tree house.
  15. the kids playing restaurant out there and asking me to make them signs for fast food restaurants.
  16. days off of school...nothing better than us all being together.
  17. watching harper eat like a starved chipmunk.
  18. finley's empathy.  i joke that she is not so smart but she can sit on my lap and watch me read a story about a missing child and even though i am not crying my body language must evoke to her that something is wrong because she suddenly gets concerned and turns to me and gives me her "sad baby" face...she is definitely in touch with those around her.
  19. feeling excited for the family across the street as they move into their new house.  i am so excited for them!  i remember what it was like to move in to your brand new home and it just makes me happy for them knowing what they are feeling...
  20. having a thankful heart.

1 comment:

Traci said...

I love your idea of keep up with things you cherish about your family. I need to be more intentional about doing this myself.