Monday, April 20, 2009

wardrobe malfunctions...

harper has been dressing herself now since she was 20 months old. she likes to flex her independent muscles and show me that she does not need an overbearing mother hovering over her trying show her how to do what she already knows how to do....calvary on the other hand has just recently started putting on his own clothes. while i am proud that they are making these steps towards independence and appreciative of the time it (sometimes, well truly, almost never) saves me, i secretly enjoy the moments where they have to come to me for help---it shows me, and maybe more importantly them, that they still might need me around every once in a while---even if it is just to remedy a wardrobe malfunction...
calvary came to me saying, "this shirt is not working..."
harper came to me asking, "is this right?" she was serious, and i believe my laughter gave her her answer...i believe all the men in her life would rather not live to see the day where this is her suit of choice...


No comments: