Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday's musings...

Things I am loving about this week:

1. Spring Break! I got so much laundry done and cleaning done...I am not going to focus on how getting laundry done is a sad barometer of fun...instead I am choosing to focus on how liberating it feels to be caught up on the task!
2. Finley feeling better....she was down from Tuesday night to Monday afternoon with a stomach bug.
3. Watching the kids do Easter egg hunts & finding their Easter baskets.
4. Calvary's excitement over new socks.
5. Oliver Jack saying, "do that 'courageous" thing momma" when I tuck him in at night...I tell him, "You are a kind boy. You are a loving boy. You are a brave boy. You are a courageous boy." He loves it...I love how sweetly he gobbles up those words of affirmation...
6. Kyle's mystery trip he planned and surprised us with last week...not this week, but I didn't muse last week so I had to include it here!...it was so fun. He took us to the zoo, an arcade, and to make it all the more awesome we stayed overnight in a hotel with an indoor pool...the kids loved it!
7. Meeting new people through the common goal of ministry. I have been so humbled by the amount of people willing to help us and educate us as we begin this journey.
8. Christy's new Pygmy goat.
9. Hearing Calvary sing. He has such a beautiful little voice and he always sings worship songs. I just love it so much.
10. Finley not refusing to poop in the potty anymore.
11. Oliver Jack taking care of Finley. He loves her so much...even though she can be so feisty sometimes!
12. Harper telling me that she doesn't want me to go somewhere because she "likes to be around me"...
13. The kids being able to get outside and play and climb trees...
14. Calvary and Oliver Jack playing together. Oliver Jack is learning Calvary's quirks; he knows that Calvary has a difficult time coming up with ideas on his own and he has heard me give Calvary options...so now I overhear Oliver Jack say, "Calvary, here are your options: we can play Legos or we can color. Which do you choose?" Calvary always picks one and off they go!
15. Eating dinner at a restaurant other than fast food...it was a long, long time since we have gone out and it was so nice!
16. Having Chloe and Emmi come over and doing a sewing project...we all had a great time and it was so funny to watch all of the kids sew, paint, and be so proud of their finished products...
17. The kids excitement when Kyle gets home after work.
18. Starting to make tangible steps to get ready for Costa Rica. Making plans for our house, selling or giving away our stuff, and starting to plan fundraisers are making all of this become increasingly real and that much more exciting.

1 comment:

Traci said...

you certainly have a lot to be thankful for! Can't wait to see you next week!!!