Sunday, August 12, 2012

Show me the light...

I am in the parking lot of the grocery store and I just had to take a minute and write about what my mind wandered to while I was driving...
The weather is perfect for musing and the windows were rolled down and the music was turned up loud with those warm, deep soul full sounds that bring me back to being nestled down in the valley of eastern Tennessee...and my thoughts went to Harper.
I am so amazed by her.
I watched her hug an old lady at the assisted living facility and I marveled at her. She's fearless. She's compassionate. She's generous. All these things are not always easy for me, yet she does is and does all with seamless ease. I was terrified of old people when I was young and hated the thought of hugging my own great grandparents in nursing facilities...but she knows that they need it and she cares more about that then she does her own comfort.
She's beautiful. A gift.
The very best gifts usually are unexpected :)

No comments: