Tuesday, September 6, 2011

the importance of good spelling...







she aims high
 every week harper and calvary bring home countless papers and pieces of artwork from school.  i would like to say that i spend a good deal of time combing each page individually but usually i just glean areas of strengths and weaknesses and give the appropriate amounts of ooohs and ahhhs over their use of stencils and colors. 
but every once in a while i come across something that is beyond anything i could anticipate.
harper was already at school when i found this jewel.  harper is a phenomenal reader, but not a great speller.  sometimes this leads to rather humorous mistakes.  as i read my daughter's words, "i want a hore one day.  she will be abal to run fast. i will teach her to jump. and she will be the best houre ever.", i tried to figure out what could be her intention.  surely my daughter wants more in life than to be a pimp to athletic whores.  i feel as if i have instilled values that would take her down a different path.  one without women of the night. i guess on the positive side, at least she was wanting to own a whore instead of be one herself.  i wondered what her teacher thought.  i also wondered how she even knew what a whore was.  overall, i was deeply concerned. 
then i flipped the picture over and laughed. 

she meant a horse!  of course.  it was at this moment that i realized that i need to work on harper and her spelling. 

1 comment:

Traci said...

Oh my gosh! I just spit my drink out all over my screen! That is the funniest thing I have read in a LONG time! I have been laughing so hard that mom came over to see what in the world I was laughing at in the dark.