Tuesday, May 31, 2011

i turned 29 this weekend...



this weekend marked my 29th birthday. i still find it hard to believe that i am not 30 yet. i mean, sheesh, how much life could i possibly have ahead of me? so much has happened in my 29 years of life that i am slightly overwhelmed to think about all that might occur if i keep up this pace for the next 29. all jokes aside, i feel i have lived an abundantly rich life and i count myself beyond blessed for the experiences of the days, months, and years each of those moments have brought.



this birthday was particularly nice for me this year. i felt special. kyle made a fuss over me. the kids sang happy birthday to me and humored me when i would say, "all i want for my birthday is for everyone to behave". my parents came *all the way* to our house (no joke--we live a whole state away now!) and watched the kids while kyle and i hung out with our friends. we went to a dinner more fancy than mcdonald's. and we went to see a movie. we have not been to the theatre to see a movie since toy story 3. and before that, it was ramona and beezus. the point i am trying to make is obvious, i think. it was great. and even if kyle had not showered me with presents from my favorite store or taken me to a great restaurant he made the point to make the day about me. and i reluctantly allowed myself to admit that i liked it :)

the next day, as if watching my kids for the evening was not enough, my parents invited us down to have dinner. my sweet little momma went all out for me...we had all of my favorite things---from watermelon to diet dr. pepper--it was all there. my dad cooked burgers on the grill, which are one of my favorite things ever to eat. nicholas and jessica were there. and of course there were many, many squeals from the many, many children. again, i felt so special.

the festivities continued on monday when kyle's mom cooked a birthday dinner for me. alli and david and the girls came. aunt robin and uncle wayne were there. kyle's sweet granny was there. and courtney and her super cute baby belly was even there too. i feel honored to be come in to a family that embraces me so sweetly. i am sure it is always difficult to merge two totally different families together, but kyle's family has been beyond good to me. i pray that i can bless them as much as they have blessed me.


2 comments:

Melissa said...

you deserve it! happy birthday day, sweet girl!

Emily said...

That's awesome! So nice to be showered with love!