Tuesday, March 15, 2011

the times are changing...

i have come to a difficult time in my blogging life.
the line between what is mine and what is theirs is becoming a little more difficult to traverse and i am finding myself not knowing what to do. i started this blog as a way to keep up with my children. i thought that it would be much easier to keep everything organized and up to date using this medium and for the most part i have been right. i am so thankful that i started writing and my only regret is that i did not start sooner.
now things are getting tricky. the reality is that this blog is not private. i don't want to make it private because i love that my family and friends can feel a part of what happens here on a more consistent basis. but the truth is that harper especially is getting older. i am walking that line between respecting her privacy and working through my own moments as her mother.
i don't want to miss those grit moments because i think those will be the moments that harper looks back on and sees finally that i only wanted the best for her, but at the same time i don't want it to be awkward for her to have people ask her about a argument she had with a friend which she never intended other people to know about.
it is all about trust.
i want to be someone in which my children can confide.
finley rose and oliver jack will continue to be completely exposed for the time being. and i hope that one day as harper and calvary read this that they will know that just because they start appearing less that it does not mean that my love for them is directly proportionate. the older they get the more complicated my love for them becomes. stronger. even more protective.

No comments: