Thursday, August 13, 2009

an echo of St. Augustine...

You.
Amena Brown

you find me when i'm hiding behind all my disguises
you see me.
it takes you to keep me breathing
you are heart
passion
vision
word incision
you send me and you bring me close
close, close, closer
until when you look at me you see you
you are heavenly
my present and future destiny
you are father
creator
sustainer
life changer
pride breaker
you are yesterday, today, and forever
you are pleasure
worth
reason
present in every season
you are worship
devotion
you are the reason for all of my commotion
you are the one that i pray to
you can tell that i'm nothing without you
so awesome that i can pray to you about you
to know you
to sense you
to believe you more
to love you more
to obey you more
to give you more of my heart.

oh God search me
know me
see me
examine me
test me
love me
watch me
protect me
show me
investigate me
be pleased with me
question me
keep me
change me
have me
correct me
take me
help me
create in me
break in on me
be my reality
sustain me
decrease me
decrease me
until there is no me left
only you
only you
only you

you are light
are true
are you
are hope
are love
are strength
are escape, rescue, safe
you are peace
you are belief
you are advance and retreat
of what, to what, to whom can i compare you?
you are my all things new
you are my place of refuge
you are my fortress
my rest
my creativity in the strength of your words to me
you are my ability to hear, feel, move, live, breathe, be
you are life and death all at the same time
you are friend
you are believer, savior, redeemer
you are today, tomorrow, and the next day
and the next day and the next day and the next day
you are truth
you transcend old age and you
you are timeless
priceless
lightness in darkness
greatness
goodness
sinless
and in a mess like my life you see righteousness
you leave me speechless
you alone are God.

No comments: