Friday, December 14, 2012

friday's musings...

things i am loving about this week:

i almost didn't write this list...in fact, it is technically not even friday anymore.  i just feel so sad. but i feel in that way it is much more necessary...

  1. oliver jack and finley sleeping in my bed together facing each other and dreaming.  they are completely oblivious to the evil in the world and it does my heart good knowing that they are safe. 
  2. betty crocker gluten free cake mix that makes it so much easier for last minute gluten free cupcake needs.
  3. the birthday party that calvary is going to tomorrow.  i pray that it goes well...he is so excited that it makes me both happy and sad.
  4. chicken and waffles.  i have never had it before but i saw a recipe on pinterest and i decided to try it...i was excited all day and it wasn't disappointing :)
  5. kyle taking off work 2 days this week. 
  6. homeschooling...so many reasons...
  7. calvary telling me, "i am glad you homeschool me."
  8. walking to the park...even though it was over 1.5miles one way...it was fun exploring our road and watching the kids talk to the cows and horses. 
  9. finley saying, "i just love that baby cow so much."
  10. collecting food for the food bank with my kids.  we have been so blessed...and i don't say that in a way that insinuates that we have so much but actually to say that we have been given and provided for in ways that we could never have done so on our own that i am just so overwhelmed with gratitude that my heart just desires to bless others. 
  11. gifts that remind me that God is going to take care of us. 
  12. finley crying this morning as she woke up because kyle's back was to her and she cryingly said, "daddy! i can't see your big ol' face."
  13. oliver jack crying for me when he was hurt and i was grocery shopping with harper.  he plays coy with me but moments like this remind me that he loves me.
  14. grocery shopping with harper. 
  15. calvary styling his hair.

Lord, i just pray for those families...what was taken from them today... i have no way of comprehending how to deal with such a loss...i pray for peace.

No comments: