Thursday, November 15, 2012

fridays musings...

 here are the things i am loving about this week...

  1. when the kids come to my room in the morning they hand me my glasses and slippers.  it is like having a really well trained dog. :)
  2. calvary has just discovered his love of recreational reading...be still my heart.
  3. wednesday. it is the only day throughout the week that we do not have something going on during the evening. 
  4. fort building.
  5. calvary and harper sleeping in the fort together.  many things make my heart swoon with this one...calvary broke the OCD tendency to need to sleep in his own bed despite whatever fun may be available.  and on top of that he invited harper AND oliver jack to join him.  oliver jack just couldn't make it :)
  6. homeschooling.  i love basically every aspect of it.  we are in the honeymoon phase i believe but right now the kids are growing closer, we are staying busy, and overall life is positive and happy.
  7. teaching bible to my kids.
  8. hearing my children pray.
  9. my kids doing chores in the morning. 
  10. watching finley and oliver jack make up their beds.  so funny.  they stand on their beds and pull the covers up to the pillow as hard as they can.  it reminds me that they are still so small.
  11. oliver jack and calvary being "best buds".  i never thought they would be able to play together like they are now.  such a wonderful place to be.
  12. kyle missing us while he is at work.  i am so loving that i married a man that wants to be home with his family.
  13. my new christmas plates and cups. 
  14. oliver jack loving vegetable soup and telling me that i "make the best hobo soup"....thanks?
  15. instagram...i love taking pictures, being inspired by other pictures, and mostly the overall positive vibe that the people i see radiate...i know that there are negative corners, but it is so much less whiney then other social networks.
  16. hearing finley identify shapes.  all of sudden this week she started identifying hearts, ovals, hexagons, triangles, and circles....she is harper's greatest student ;)
  17. my friend's children...we became friends because our children were in kindergarten together and the added bonus is that our children have become fast friends. 
  18. peppermint sticks covered in chocolate...yum.
  19. having tea parties with my children and using the tea set that was my granny's.  every time i bring the pieces out my mind floods with images of thanksgivings and christmases past.  it makes me miss her but in a happy, warm way.  i know it makes my children remember her as well...maybe one day they will be using these tea cups with their children and retelling the stories i've told. 
  20. being reminded why i blog.  i am loving that i remembered that my goal for this blog was to preserve the moments of our life for us.  the everyday....the beautiful...and the not so beautiful.  i want my children to remember just how sweet life has been...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love these musings so much! I might just have to steal the idea. ;)

Traci said...

I love reading these posts.