Thursday, August 7, 2008

Cassie-isms


We have Harper-isms and Calvary-isms so I saw it fit to add a Cassie-ism to the mix. Cassie and I had a short and confusing conversation Tuesday night when I attempted to wake her up help her to bed. Apparently she was talking in her sleep but I was never convinced. The best statement I could make out was, "If you can't tell me what turtles eat then I don't know what we are going to do!!!!!". Perplexed by this statement, and fueled by my genetic tendency to encourage crazy people to keep talking, I managed to tick sleeping beauty off until I heard a stearn "I am not talking about this right now because I don't like your tone". I was almost ready to check her blood sugar when she continued to run her mouth at me even after she was upright and moving around. It is funny how quickly sleeptalking can turn into sleepfighting when you ask enough questions. I guess I learned my lesson and next time I will promptly do some research and find out what turtles eat.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

The other night (4:15 a.m. to be exact) I was awakened by George mumbling, "you are gonna die".

Needless to say this was very disturbing and I tried to understand exactly who was going die but the rest of what he said sounded sort of like, gawaba shudada poblab twig da. It was complete gobbledygook--very frustrating. I tried to question him, but he slapped at the pillow and rolled over. The talking stopped and that was the end. In our almost 30 year marriage it's the only time he's said ANYTHING that I could understand in his sleep although he sleep talks frequently.

The next morning, I asked him who was gonna die and he looked at me like I was from outer space. No recollection of any dream or any thing. Bummer. I was really curious.

Your blog post is hilarious. Ya'll should do a reality show.

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha how funny! :)